8.06.2015

Sharp and Pointy Things: Spyderco Tenacious

The EDC knife at a price for everyone.

The Spyderco Tenacious. There's not much to say about this popular folder than hasn't been raved about before. It's affordable. It's durable. It's near perfectly balanced. Yes, believe the hype. For a bit over $30, this knife has a place in pretty much everyone's collection.

It took me years to finally give it and start exploring Sypderco's offerings, and this is a pretty good starting point. I had my hang ups on the looks initially and I wasn't convinced the Spyder Hole was functional enough for my needs. Thumb studs work well enough, how could I possibly get used to this? I finally set my differences aside and took a chance.

The bottom line: Quick deployment, buttery smooth opening, sturdy lock up and strong pocket clip. No blade play at all. It's super easy to sharpen and it stays that way. Sure, I don't think it is the most beautiful folder out there but, it's functional and does the job well. Looks aren't everything, right? The only minor complaint I could possibly muster against this truly awesome blade is the handle could use a bit more grip. Again, very minor, and it still is very comfortable to use.

For the money, the Tenacious is really the penultimate entry level EDC knife.

No comments:

Post a Comment