8.05.2015

The Flaming Dr. Pepper

Get out your safety goggles, kids. 

I've had some interesting drinks in my time but the coolness factor of the Flaming Dr. Pepper is pretty hard to beat. Sometime around 2001 I stumbled onto this one and ever since then it has become THE go-to drink whenever I'm hosting a party. Plus, there's always a person or two out there who has never experienced one, so the fun never really wears off. Being that it's a damn good shot doesn't hurt either.

There are tons of variations of The FDP but my tried and true recipe is as follows:

3/4 shot of DiSoronno
A splash of Bacardi 151 on top
1 large mug of light beer

Carefully light the shot, drop it in the beer mug and enjoy!

I go with Bud Lite or any of the light stuff because it seems to result in a more authentic Dr. Pepper taste. Full flavor beers and rich lagers create more of a robust taste that I don't think is quite the same. Obviously, you need to be careful here. A few times we've managed to light the kitchen counter on fire. We've cracked a few dozen shot glasses. But no trips to ER ever. Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment